Monday, July 16, 2007

The Alley…

On a rainy Sunday morning, I am taking advantage of the pearl white tile floors of my apartment. Tunes of the Decemberists, Dave Matthews, Dar Williams, the Be Good Tanyas, even the Dixie Chicks are pulsing out of my portable stereo. I dance without abandon in my kitchen and hallway. When I close my eyes, I imagine I’m in John’s Alley listening to Sol’Jibe and joining the freely dancing hippies with no inhibitions as we listen to the beats coursing from the band’s instruments. I picture Emily’s willowy frame as her skirt swirls around her, her boney arms gracefully leading her head and body to follow them as she whirls, swoops, and pulses to the music. My disco, while missing $1.00 PBR’s, crowds, funky clothes, and the overwhelming cloud of cigarette smoke found in the Alley, is top notch, and rather exclusive. By that I mean, it’s me, myself, and I as the principle owner, dancer, and DJ. Man, this dancing life is good. I better pull out Madonna and really get this party started. Oh yeah, it’s time for Brian’s hip thrust dance move!

3 comments:

gr8ern8er said...

hey nancy!!! looking good there in Guatemala! is your flat situated across from that impressive white church?
keep on dancing!!!

Anonymous said...

gotta love that dance move ;) don't forget to throw some of the shoulder action in though!

Nancy said...

I almost forgot about the shoulder action. I'll have to get Brian to show me how it's done again.