Friday, February 15, 2008

Hedman Alas

I am amazed, absolutely amazed, by Hedman Alas. For days I moaned and griped about how expensive it was to take the Hedman Alas busline from Guatemala City to Honduras. But, I had no idea what that ticket meant. In amazement, I climbed abord the immaculate, sparkling bus in Guatemala City. Here is what it was like:

  1. Clean, clean seats
  2. Working reading light
  3. Working air vent
  4. Burger King snack for breakfast
  5. Clean bathrooms
  6. Soda and chips for an afternoon snack
  7. All immigration services taken care of
  8. Armed guard
  9. Helpful and friendly bus attendants
  10. A recorded message about safety and enjoyment on the bs
  11. Seat belts
  12. Air conditioning
  13. Movie
  14. Speaker jack so the movie didn´t blare out at us all
  15. Blankets and pillows.

This was pure luxery. What an amazing bus. Then, I got on the economy Cotraipbal bus from San Pedro Sula to Jutiapa and was projected back into Latin American reality (none of the above included... except for one nice attendant who told me where to get off the bus)